If you aren’t a teenager right now, you may not know how huge the video-sharing social media platform, Tik Tok, has gotten over the past two years. Not only that, but it has grown exponentially during the pandemic and has been extremely influential in a multitude of ways. There are plenty of opportunities to utilize the app as a means of driving business big and small, no matter what industry you’re in. Here are four reasons to make that account and just go for it!
1. Tik Tok is a massive platform that continues to grow daily
In November of 2020, Tik Tok had 4 million downloads and was the second most downloaded app in the U.S. Today in the U.S. alone, there are over 80 million active users, 90% of which access the app multiple times a day. With numbers like these, there is no way that only teenagers use Tik Tok. In fact, only about 60% of users are between the ages of 16-24. Even if your target audience doesn’t fall within that 60%, think about the other 40% of 25-44-year-olds that use the app just as frequently! There is a good chance that your business is overlooking the additional sales that Tik Tok could bring in.
Tik Tok is not only in the U.S.; it’s worldwide! The app is available in 154 countries, as well as 75 different languages. If you’re looking to reach an international audience Tik Tok might be the best way to do that.
2. Tik Tok has paid advertising opportunities
Tik Tok ads can be used to send users to your website, the app store, or even to promote branded AR lenses, filters, and stickers that others can use for their own content. The price range depends on what your business specifically wants, but ads can start off at as little as $50 a day. Another benefit of their advertising is that you have little to no commitment to continue running ads. So, if you find that it’s not working for your business, you can stop at any time.
Have little to no budget for advertising on social media? That’s not an issue! Your business can always create organic content on Tik Tok to be shared with users. Organic reach actually may be more successful than promoting ads, if you can build a big enough following.
3. Your business has the opportunity to build its brand image and awareness
Creating organic content that gives users a behind-the-scenes look at your business has the potential to do extremely well on Tik Tok. If users see this content and like it, they are more inclined to purchase from your business because they enjoy knowing more about your brand and having that personal connection.
This is a great way to build your brand image and awareness! Unlike any other platforms, Tik Tok users actually prefer unpolished content. This could be something as simple as showing users around the workplace or the packaging and shipping of your product. What’s the story behind your business? Why should Tik Tok users be interested in purchasing from you? If your business comes across as being genuine & has a backstory/behind the scenes look at what you do, chances are users will be interested in what you have to offer.
4. You might already have Tik Tok content at your disposal
Knowing now that there are a ton of different ways to create content for your business, you might be surprised to know that you might already have some on your hands! If you want to promote something like a podcast or a YouTube channel, you could easily take short clips from the existing content and move them to Tik Tok. This gives more people the opportunity to be exposed to what your business does in bite-sized pieces. In turn, this will help to bring more Tik Tok users over to your full-length podcast, YouTube channel, or whatever your business entails. In creating those short Tik Tok clips, you are giving users a glimpse into what your business does and getting new customers and or listeners!
Given all of this information, and because Tik Tok is in its infancy, now is the perfect time to create an account for your business. The earlier that you create an account, the more established that your business will be on the platform as time passes. Also, Tik Tok has not been oversaturated with ads and branded content yet, like other social media platforms. So, the sooner you create an account, the better! What are you waiting for?